1/2 Photos of Slow Cooker/ Crock Pot Cream of Portabella Barley Soup
8 hrs 7 mins
I just found this in a slow cooker cookbook and it is slow cooking in my crockpot as I type lol! The house smells wonderful so I'm hoping this soup tastes just as good as it smells. It is a very easy recipe to throw together, great for a fall day!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 ounces portabella mushrooms, chopped into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon margarine, tub-style
- 2 (14 ounce) cans nonfat beef broth
- 1/4 cup barley
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1/4 teaspoon sage
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated skim milk
- fresh parsley (to garnish)
- 1Sauté mushrooms and onions over medium heat for 4-5 minutes.
- 2Transfer to crock pot.
- 3Stir in broth, barley, sherry, sage, garlic and white pepper.
- 4Cover and cook on low until the barley is tender, 6 to 8 hours (or high 4 to 6 hours).
- 5Stir in the milk and cook until hot 15 to 30 minutes.
- 6Ladle into bowl, garnish with parsley and serve!
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow Cooker/ Crock Pot Cream of Portabella Barley Soup
Serving Size: 1 (185 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 148.7
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 3.4 mg
- Sodium 116.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 12.0 g
- Protein 9.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
nonfat beef broth