Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
A Canadian Living recipe.
Make and share this Slow Cooker Creamy Mushroom Chicken Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 12 boneless skinless chicken thighs or 6 boneless chicken breasts, cut in pieces
- 340.19 g white button mushrooms, halved
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 14 g packagedried chanterelle mushrooms
- 2.46 ml dried tarragon or 2.46 ml dried thyme
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 236.59 ml sodium-reduced chicken broth
- 118.29 ml white wine
- 14.79 ml Dijon mustard
- 59.14 ml all-purpose flour
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh parsley
- 59.14 ml 10% cream
- 9.85 ml white wine vinegar
- In slow cooker, combine white mushrooms, onion, garlic, chanterelles, tarragon, salt and pepper. Top with chicken.
- Whisk together broth, wine and Dijon; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low, 6 to 8 hours.
- Whisk flour with 1 cup of cooled cooking liquid until smooth; whisk into slow cooker. Cook, covered, on high until thickened, about 15 minutes. Stir in parsley, cream and vinegar.