Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
A Canadian Living recipe.
- 12 boneless skinless chicken thighs or 6 boneless chicken breasts, cut in pieces
- 12 ounces white button mushrooms, halved
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 g) packagedried chanterelle mushrooms
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup sodium-reduced chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup 10% cream
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- In slow cooker, combine white mushrooms, onion, garlic, chanterelles, tarragon, salt and pepper. Top with chicken.
- Whisk together broth, wine and Dijon; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low, 6 to 8 hours.
- Whisk flour with 1 cup of cooled cooking liquid until smooth; whisk into slow cooker. Cook, covered, on high until thickened, about 15 minutes. Stir in parsley, cream and vinegar.