Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
An easy crock-pot recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 10 1⁄2 ounces Healthy Request cream of chicken soup
- 8 ounces low-fat cream cheese or 8 ounces fat free cream cheese
- 1 (2/3 ounce) package Good Seasonings Italian salad dressing mix
- 6 ounces mushrooms (optional)
- Add all ingredients to crockpot.
- Cook on low all day.
- Serve over w/w pasta or brown rice.
Will complete my review after I make this today. Saying to "cook all day" is not good though for high rating. LOL! That means I have to watch it since I don't know how long to cook and that defeats the purpose of a slow cooker. I am borderline excellent cook so I can deal with it.
OMG!! this is by far the easiest family meal to make that tastes the best. Want to impress guests? Make this, serve it with a sprig of rosemary of top, some crusty bread & salad. They will go crazy. That's what I did & I served it all over well cooked brown rice. The sauce just soaks into the brown rice & it is truly amazing. I used chicken thighs & the meat literally fell off the bone & melted in your mouth. The flavor was so unique & savory.
I actually made this for a tinfoil dinner while camping. I used regular cream of chicken soup, regular cream cheese, and used mixed veggies instead of mushrooms. I pounded the chicken breasts until they were about 1/2 inch thick, then layered them on top of cooked rice, sprinkled the veggies on top, and poured the prepared sauce over. I double wrapped it in foil and put the packets in the coals of the campfire for about 20-25 minutes. It was delicious! All the men loved it! And the woman too :)