Recipe by Lainey6605
From Family Circle magazine
Top Review by Kimberly P.
This is delicious! I switched it up a bit. I cooked it on the stove top only because we wanted it for lunch, not dinner. It was ready in a hour. I also added 4 cups of cooked, diced potato to it along with 1 garlic clove minced. When it was time to serve I topped our bowls with a dollop of cream cheese and sprinkled shredded cheddar cheese and crumbled bacon on top. Delicious!
- 1 quart low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1 (20 ounce) package frozen broccoli cuts, thawed
- 1⁄2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 7 ounces Velveeta cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 1⁄3 cups instant mashed potatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine broth, milk, broccoli, onion, pepper and 1 cup water in slow cooker bowl.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 hours or low for 5 hours.
- Whisk Velveeta into slow cooker until smooth.
- Sprinkle instant potatoes over soup and whisk to combine.
- Serve immediately.