Recipe by TasteTester
This is an easy dip which I'm going to prepare early Christmas Day. I'm always looking for recipes I can prepare ahead of time, since there is so much other cooking on Christmas Day and on other holidays.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, cut into pieces, softened
- 2 (2 1/4 ounce) packages dried beef, chopped (1 1/4 cups)
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese (4 ounces)
- 1⁄3 cup sliced green onion (about 5 medium)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 1⁄4 lbs sliced pumpernickel cocktail bread
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium bowl, mix all ingredients except pumpernickel bread.
- Spoon into a 2 to 3-quart slow cooker.
- Cover; cook on low heat 1 to 2 hours, stirring occasionally, until mixture is melted and hot.
- Dip will hold on low heat setting up to 2 hours.
- Serve with bread.
- (This can also be made to look a little more festive by sprinkling the top with more sliced green onion tops and very small pieces of red bell peppers or pimentos after cooking.).