Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Corn is combined with cream cheese, butter and milk, and simmered in the slow cooker.
Make and share this Slow Cooker Creamed Corn recipe from Food.com.
- 1. In a slow cooker, combine corn, cream cheese, butter, milk, and sugar. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 2. Cook on High for 2 to 4 hours, or on Low for 4 to 6 hours.
- My Note: I do suggest using 1 and 1/2 (16 oz.) pkgs. of corn, 1/4 teaspoons of pepper, and 1 teaspoons of salt. I also think that it is best to heat all the ingredients except for the corn on the stovetop before placing in the crockpot. Start on high in the crockpot and cook for one hour. Turn to low and cook for around 3-4 hours.
- If you didn't have frozen corn so I added 3 drained cans of regular corn instead and it came out perfect. I changed nothing else. Certainly a once in awhile thing with all the butter and cream cheese but I might try it out next time with a butter substitute and lower calorie cream cheese and see how that works out.
- I have cut the corn off 4 leftover ears and added a can of fiesta corn and a can of plain corn kernels that I had. As others said it seemed to need more corn for the amount of cream sauce that it makes. Do stir after your chunks of cream cheese and butter are at the melting point in your crock pot. They do not disperse evenly on their own. Flavor was more savory and corny than sweet if you do not add more sugar than the recipe calls for, but I really liked that. The cream cheese did not give it a big cheesey taste either. I love cheese but I wasn’t trying to make cheese corn. Much different and more gourmet tasting than the stuff in the can.