Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
a recipe I came up with, it is very easy to make and prepare, and is very flavorful. A great dish that can be swerved with hot buttered noodles.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 tablespoons dried Italian salad dressing
- 1⁄2 cup sherry wine
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
- Wash chicken breast , dry with paper towels, and brush melted butter over chicken.
- Place in slow cooker, and add remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours.
- Serve over hot buttered noodles.
This is a nice, quick family meal to assemble. I bring the cream cheese to room temperature in order to mix it well before cooking. I also use white wine instead of the sherry when serving it to kids... it is a more subtle flavor. This is in my regular recipe rotation and with green beans and rice is a nice meal! The ingredients are simple but the sauce turns out lovely.
I'm a big fan of slow-cooker dinners, and this recipe did not disappoint. I loved the taste of the sauce -- the cream cheese and mushroom soup worked so well together. As did the other reviewer, I left out the sherry as I was serving kids and I wasn't sure if they would like the flavor. The only problem I had was that the cream cheese cubes hadn't completely melted when the chicken was done. I took out the chicken, poured the sauce in a bowl, and whisked it for several minutes, but there were still small bits of the cream cheese that wouldn't blend in. That didn't affect the flavor, though, and we really enjoyed this dish. Thanks, WC.
I made this this weekend, and it was amazing. I made it for my whole family, and everyone RAVED about it, Plus it was SOOOOO EASY!!! I did not add in the sherry because, sherry adds a very unique taste that I didn't know would go over with everyone too well, but it didn't need it. I may try it over rice next time... Thanks for the recipe.