Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This came from the Plain Chicken blog -- her recipes are usually quick, easy and always delicious! I made this for dinner tonight -- dumped it into the crockpot this morning and it made the house smell delicious all day -- that's a good sign! The only thing I've changed is to halve the amount of cream cheese -- I found that a whole block was unnecessary for my taste. Otherwise, the recipe is hers.
- 2 chicken breasts (frozen is fine)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can corn, undrained
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 hidden valley ranch dressing mix
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 0.5 (8 ounce) package light cream cheese, cut in chunks
- Place chicken on the bottom of the cooker, then cover with the canned vegetables. Top with seasonings and ranch mix. Stir together. Place cream cheese on top.
- Cover with lid and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Use 2 forks to shred chicken. Stir cream cheese into chili. Cook for an additional 30 minutes.
The nutritional value on this is waaaaaaay off. Just in the beans, corn, rotel tomatoes, cream cheese and ranch dressing mix there is approx 7050mg of sodium total. Divide that by your serving size (the orig website said 4 vs 5 stated here) That is 1410mg of sodium for 5 servings and 1762.5mg for 4 servings. That is crazy for one meal when your total allowance for a day is supposed to be 2000mg or less TOTAL!
Excellent!!! I loved this, this is going in my list of favorite soups. I varied in that I used great northern beans instead of black beans and chose to dice up the chicken breast before putting in the crock pot. I like black beans and will try it with them the next time.
Awesome! I too found this on another site. I used the whole brick of cream cheese, three chicken breasts and an extra can of black beans to help it stretch. It was loved by all!