Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This came from the Plain Chicken blog -- her recipes are usually quick, easy and always delicious! I made this for dinner tonight -- dumped it into the crockpot this morning and it made the house smell delicious all day -- that's a good sign! The only thing I've changed is to halve the amount of cream cheese -- I found that a whole block was unnecessary for my taste. Otherwise, the recipe is hers.
- 2 chicken breasts (frozen is fine)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can corn, undrained
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 hidden valley ranch dressing mix
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 0.5 (8 ounce) package light cream cheese, cut in chunks
- Place chicken on the bottom of the cooker, then cover with the canned vegetables. Top with seasonings and ranch mix. Stir together. Place cream cheese on top.
- Cover with lid and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Use 2 forks to shred chicken. Stir cream cheese into chili. Cook for an additional 30 minutes.