Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Found this recipe in Women's Day Special Holiday Magazine and love the thought of these meatballs for our holiday appy table. This is another similer recipes but this is enough differant I wanted to post it. The description says these play on the sweet-tart flavor of cranberry against vibrant chili sauce. And talk about easy, use frozne meatballs and let the slow-cooker do the work
- 16 ounces cranberry sauce, whole-berry
- 3⁄4 cup chili sauce
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 lbs frozen meatballs, completely thawed
- Put cranberry sauce, chili sauce and water in slow-cooker and stir to combine.
- Add meatballs and stir to coat them with the sauce.
- Cover and cook on low 3-4 hours, until bubbly and meatballs are heated through.
- Stir; serve warm from the cooker.
- Tip: Add 2 packed tablspoons brown sugar and t teaspoon of lemon juice to the sauce for a sweet-sour variatin.
Very tasty, with mouth-watering eye appeal when done. The sauce turns out dark and rich, and there's plenty of it to go with a serving of meatballs. I doubled everything in my big slow cooker (adding 3 tbsp brown sugar and 1 tbsp lemon juice too) for a potluck with a large crowd expected, and they went fast. I let this cook for 5 1/2 hours then kept on warm setting till it was time to leave for the function. Thanks for posting this recipe, Bonnie!
We make these every year around Christmas. We usually use homemade meatballs and bake them in the oven, but this time I needed something easy that wouldn't take up oven space. I love that these just cook in the crock pot! It was a great alternative. Of course, frozen meatballs are never as good as homemade, but they were delicious nonetheless. Thanks for this easy variation on a classic recipe.
Made these for our annual Thanksgiving meal family get-together. They went over VERY well & there was NO leftovers!!! I added the brown sugar & lemon juice. Will DEFFO make these again!!! THANKS for sharing!!!