Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
So easy to put in the crockpot and dinner is ready! Served with some rice to soak up the sauce.
Make and share this Slow-Cooker Cranberry Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- Place chicken pieces in a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, stir together cranberry sauce, dry soup mix, and tapioca.
- Pour over chicken pieces.
- Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 2-1/2 to 3 hours.
- Serve chicken and sauce over hot cooked rice.
I was surprised by how well the cranberry mixed with the onion soup mix. I used boneless, skinless chicken thighs because that is what I had on hand. They turned out very nice, but I think they would have been more flavorful if I'd had bone in. This is a welcome recipe to have after a long work week....dinner is ready when you get home. Thanks for sharing! Made for Naked Photos in the Photo Forum.
I actually made this recipe before Thanksgiving (cut it in half for just the 2 of us) but put off reviewing it until now ~ Busy, busy! Anyway, we thoroughly enjoyed this chicken dish I particularly enjoyed the cranberry & onion soup flavor combo! Served it with brown rice, & it's a definite keeper of a recipe! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed in Newest Zaar tag]