Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
A wonderful appetizer - always highly requested at our parties! From a Betty Crocker Appetizer recipe book - January 2004. I use store-bought meatballs. Meatballs will hold on Low Heat setting for about 2 hours. Hint- Trader Joe's makes a great cranberry-orange sauce, but only at the holidays. To make this recipe at other times, I just create a sauce with canned cranberries and about a 1/4 cup OJ. Enjoy! We sure do!
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄2 cup cranberry orange sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen meatballs, about 5 dozen, thawed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Mix all ingredients except meatballs and parsley in 2 or 2 1/2- quart slow cooker until well blended.
- Add cold meatballs.
- Cover and cook on Low het setting 2 - 3 hours or until thoroughly heated.
- Stir in parsley.
This is a great appetizer for any potluck, party or gathering. You can handmake the meatballs if you have time or simply use frozen meatballs if you are in a hurry. Guests were oohing and ahhing over the great taste. The only problem is the mysterious cranberry orange sauce. We couldn't find it but used Cranberry chutney and it came out delicious. We omitted the parsley due to family preference with no problem. The slowcooker makes it perfect to transport and easy to keep this appetizer hot. This Betty Crocker recipe is a classic. You won't be sorry you made it. Happy munching!
OH!! this was a great terrific yummy, sensational, really good, finger-lickin, recipe!!!! I served it over a bed of rice with a green salad and fresh french bread!! My kids ate it and had seconds. I loved it. Thanks MAMA!!