Recipe by Abby Falck
Closely based on Cooks Illustrated's Creamy Crab Dip for the slow cooker. Works best in a small slow cooker. This dip has a TON of crab flavor!
- 3⁄4 cup minced onion
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb crab claw meat
- 1 minced scallion
Directions See How It's Made
- Turn on slow cooker to high, add onion, butter, and Old Bay seasoning, and cook until onion softens, about 10 minutes.
- While onion cooks, spread crab meat out on a paper towel-lined plate, check for any pieces of shell, and pat dry.
- When onion is cooked, stir in cream cheese, mayonnaise, salt and pepper, and crab meat.
- Continue to cook on high until heated through, about an hour.
- Stir in minced scallion before serving.