Prep 10 mins
Cook 9 hrs
Delicious, easy and affordable ribs that you can make in the crock pot.
- 3 -4 lbs boneless country-style pork ribs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 1 (16 -18 ounce) bottle barbecue sauce, about 1 1/2 cups
- Lightly grease the crockery insert of a 5 to 6-quart slow cooker.
- Wash pork, trim excess fat and pat dry with paper towels.
- Put the sliced onions in the bottom of the slow cooker, then place pork on top.
- Sprinkle the pork with salt and pepper, brown sugar, and minced garlic; turn the pork ribs to coat all pieces.
- Pour apple juice evenly over the pork.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 8 hours. Drain liquids from the pork. Pour barbecue sauce over the pork and stir slightly to distribute the sauce.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 1 hour longer.