3 hrs 45 mins
3 hrs 30 mins
Yummy comfort food for a Sunday evening, this is our take on the GA/SC classic; serve it over white rice (and don't skip on the raisins, they make a big impact even if you don't normally like raisins - they're totally different here).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken thighs, boneless, skinless
- 2 tablespoons flour, all purpose
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, yellow, large, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans tomatoes, crushed
- 1/2 cup golden raisin
- 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup parsley, fresh and chopped
- 1Coat chicken with flour and set aside.
- 2Heat 1 tbsp oil in large skillet over medium high heat; add bell pepper, onion, celery, and garlic. Cook 5 minutes or until veggies are tender. Place veggies in your slow cooker.
- 3Heat remaining 1 tsp of oil in same skillet over medium high heat; add chicken and cook 5 minutes per side or until browned. Place chicken in your slow cooker.
- 4Pour broth into skillet; bring to quick boil, cook and stir over medium high heat, scraping up any brown bits from bottom of skillet. Pour broth mixture into slow cooker.
- 5Add tomatoes, raisins, curry powder, salt, paprika, and white pepper to slow cooker; cover, and cook on low for 3 hours.
- 6Serve chicken and sauce over rice, and garnish with parsley.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow Cooker Country Captain
Serving Size: 1 (451 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 572.5
- Calories from Fat 309
- Total Fat 34.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 143.2 mg
- Sodium 941.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 18.8 g
- Protein 34.9 g