8 hrs 5 mins
The mouth-watering aromas coming from your slow cooker will have your family counting the seconds to dinner time on St. Patrick's Day or any other night of the year! Adapted from a Betty Crocker recipe, it can be served with boiled baby red potatoes and steamed green cabbage for a traditional Irish dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced (ex. Bermuda, Maui, Spanish, Vadalia, etc.,)
- 3 -3 1/2 lbs corned beef brisket, trimmed of extra fat
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup chicken broth or 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream or 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 11. Place the onion slices in the bottom of a 5-6 quart slow cooker. Rinse beef and place on top of onions, discarding spice packet. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes. Mix broth and Worcestershire sauce and pour over top.
- 22. Cover and cook on low heat 8 to 9 hours.
- 33. In a small bowl, mix sour cream or yogurt, horseradish, and parsley. Serve with the beef and the onions.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow Cooker Corned Beef With Creamy Horseradish Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (233 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 467.9
- Calories from Fat 317
- Total Fat 35.3 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 174.0 mg
- Sodium 2060.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 32.0 g