Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
The mouth-watering aromas coming from your slow cooker will have your family counting the seconds to dinner time on St. Patrick's Day or any other night of the year! Adapted from a Betty Crocker recipe, it can be served with boiled baby red potatoes and steamed green cabbage for a traditional Irish dinner.
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced (ex. Bermuda, Maui, Spanish, Vadalia, etc.,)
- 3 -3 1⁄2 lbs corned beef brisket, trimmed of extra fat
- 3⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup chicken broth or 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream or 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1. Place the onion slices in the bottom of a 5-6 quart slow cooker. Rinse beef and place on top of onions, discarding spice packet. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes. Mix broth and Worcestershire sauce and pour over top.
- 2. Cover and cook on low heat 8 to 9 hours.
- 3. In a small bowl, mix sour cream or yogurt, horseradish, and parsley. Serve with the beef and the onions.