Prep 15 mins
Cook 9 hrs
Found this on Kitchme.com (by accident) - tried it on St. Patty's Day and really liked it. The beer adds great flavor to the normal water base.
- 4 large carrots, peeled and cut into matchstick pieces
- 10 baby red potatoes, quartered
- 1 onion, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 cups water
- 1 (4 lb) corned beef brisket, with spice packet
- 6 ounces beer
- 1⁄2 head cabbage, coarsely chopped
- Place carrots, potatoes, and onion into the bottom of a slow cooker, pour in water, and put the brisket on top of the vegetables. Pour beer over the brisket. Sprinkle spices from the packet, cover, and set the cooker on High.
- Cook the brisket for about 8 hours. An hour before serving, stir in cabbage and cook for 1 more hour.