Recipe by Pinay0618
This easy crockpot soup is a delicious way to enjoy corned beef dinner leftovers, and it's so quick to put together. Serve this chowder with hot baked rolls or biscuits for a great family meal. From about.com.
Top Review by Liza at Food.com
Perfect! I can only eat leftovers about 2 times and then I'm done so after celebrating St. Paddy's day 3 times I was wondering what I'd do with all my leftovers...this fit the bill! So easy, dumped it all in, let it simmer all afternoon and finished it with just a little heavy cream (what I had on hand leftover from Irish Coffees)...served it tonight with crusty bread and I'm excited for lunch tomorrow. Thanks SO much for posting...my new post St. Paddy's day tradition!
- 236.59-354.88 ml leftover diced corned beef
- 473.18 ml leftover diced potatoes
- 236.59 ml leftover diced carrot
- 236.59 ml leftover diced cabbage
- 118.29 ml chopped onion
- 236.59 ml chicken broth
- 2 (609.51 g) can cream of potato soup
- 236.59 ml half-and-half or 236.59 ml whole milk
- salt and pepper, to taste
- more half-and-half (optional) or milk (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 4 to 6-quart slow cooker, combine the corned beef, potatoes, cabbage, carrots, onions, chicken broth, and cream of potato soup. Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 5 hours, stirring about halfway through cooking. Add 1 cup of half-and-half and salt and pepper, to taste. Cover and cook for 25 minutes longer. Add more milk or more half-and-half to thin slightly, if desired.