Prep 0 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Just found this on familyfun.com and it looks soo good and easy to make for St. Paddy's Day.
- 946.36 ml hot water
- 29.58 ml cider vinegar
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml fresh ground pepper
- 2 medium onions, cut into wedges
- 1360.77 g corned beef brisket (packaged with spices)
- 8 small potatoes, scrubbed and cut into quarters
- 1 head green cabbage, cored and cut into 10 wedges (about 1 1/2 lbs.)
- 1. In a 6-quart electric slow cooker, combine the water, vinegar, sugar, pepper and onions, mixing well. Place the corned beef in the mixture. Scatter the potatoes over the top and along the sides.
- 2. Cover and cook on the High heat setting 4 hours. Remove the lid and scatter the cabbage wedges over the top. Cover and continue cooking on High 3 to 4 hours longer, or until the beef is tender. To serve, carve the beef into slices and serve with the cabbage and potatoes, with some of the cooking liquid spooned on top of the beef to keep it moist. Makes 6 to 8 servings.