Recipe by *Parsley*
Easy and delicious recipe for your slow cooker!
Top Review by Bayhill
Delicious!! I love dishes that can be quickly "thrown" together and then forgotten until serving time. This dish definitely fits that category. I made it as written using the 2 TBS. of Dijon mustard, 1/4 tsp. caraway seeds and a dark porter for the beer. The only thing I did differently was to add the cabbage during the last hour of cooking, turning the crockpot up to "high" to make sure the cabbage got done. I served this with roasted red potatoes and carrots. My family loved this and gave it 2-thumbs up. Thank you for sharing this quick, easy, and delicious recipe...it is definitely a keeper. I made this for ZWT 3.
- 3 -4 lbs corned beef brisket
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 -2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 medium head of cabbage, cut into wedges
- 1 apple, sliced
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon caraway seed (optional)
- 12 ounces dark beer
Directions See How It's Made
- Place corned beef brisket and any seasonings included in your slow cooker. Top with onion.
- Whisk together the vinegar, brown sugar, mustard, pepper and cloves and pour over top.
- Add the cabbage wedges and apple slices and caraway seeds if using them.
- Pour beer over top.
- Cover and cook on low for about 7 hours or high for about 4-5 hours.