Recipe by Michelle S.
I got this recipe from Allrecipes where Christine Benjamin submitted it. I have tweaked it to my families taste and we adore it! Nothing better on a cold winter evening.
- 5 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 onions, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups diced ham
- 4 chicken bouillon cubes
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, undrained
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 small red pepper, chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans creamed corn
- instant potato flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- In a slow cooker, place potatoes, onions, ham, celery, carrots, red pepper, whole kernel corn, butter, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add enough water to cover and the bouillon cubes.
- Cook on low setting for 8 to 9 hours and then stir in evaporated milk and cream corn.
- Cook for 30 minutes more.
- Add mashed potatoes flakes if you like a thicker chowder.
- Stir to blend well.