Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs 30 mins
A very simple corn chowder in the slow cooker. You could jazz it up with diced chicken, or with some cooked crumbled bacon. Be sure to use evaporated milk, not condensed milk, which is loaded with sugar. Adapted from a recipe at http://bit.ly/fRSIzw
- 5 yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 cups diced ham
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, undrained
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
- Combine all ingredients except milk in slow cooker. Add water until just covered. Cook on low 8-9 hours.
- Stir in evaporated milk. Cook another 30 minutes on low.
I haven't tried this but the proportions & ingredients are very similar to one from my original Rival Crock Pot cookbook. It was a winner & I think this will be too.