Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 hrs
A Marjorie Hanks recipe direct from Lake Eden, Minnesota.
- 1⁄2 cup diced cooked ham or 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups peeled diced potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen whole kernel corn
- 16 ounces cream-style corn
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon season salt (see my Season Salt recipe)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Spray the crock of a 4-quart slow cooker with Pam. Combine all ingredients in the crock-pot and stir well.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 7 hours.
Great chowder! The hints of sweet, spicy, and salt are very nice. I left the peels on the potatoes and added crisp bacon just before serving. We really enjoyed this. Thanks for sharing! PAC Spring '11