Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Saucy coconut curry thai inspired chicken with sweet red peppers potatoes and cashews
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin and chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 red pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 small potatoes, peeled and chopped (I used red)
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons yellow curry powder
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup roasted cashews
- 2 cups cooked jasmine rice
- 1. Add chicken pieces, red peppers, potatoes, and onions to the slow cooker.
- 2. In a medium bowl whisk together chicken broth, curry powder, cumin, salt, and cayenne pepper. Pour mixture into slow cooker and stir to coat chicken and veggies. Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or on low 4-5 hours.
- 3. about 10-15 minutes before serving, stir in coconut milk. Stir just before serving and top with cashews and freshly chopped cilantro.