Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Adapted from a recipe by Stephanie O'Dea. http://bit.ly/bqEd0m
- cooking spray
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 egg white
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups raw almonds
- Spray slow cooker liberally with cooking spray.
- Combine sugar, cinnamon and salt; whisk well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk egg white and vanilla until frothy. Add almonds and toss to coat thoroughly. Pour in sugar mixture and again toss thoroughly to coat.
- Pour coated almonds into slow cooker. Cover and cook on high 2 hours, stirring every 20 minutes to prevent burning.
- Spray a piece of aluminum foil or parchment with cooking spray. Pour almonds onto prepared surface, spread out and let cool to room temperature. Store in an airtight container.
Terrific recipe. So yummy, they are addicting!
We were expecting the caramelized version of candied nuts but there wasn't a picture. These are almost granola style nuts. They are a hit despite the confusion. Great recipe!