I have not tried this recipe. I got it from Tops courtesy of The Reynolds Kitchen.
Make and share this Slow Cooker Cinnamon Apples recipe from Food.com.
- 6 large granny smith apples, peeled, cored and cut in 8 wedges
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- vanilla ice cream
- crumbled oatmeal (optional) or gingersnap cookie (optional)
- You will need 1 Reynolds Slow Cooker Liner.
- Place liner inside a 3-6 1/2 quart slow cooker. Fit liner snugly against the bottom and sides of bowl; pull top of liner over rim of slow cooker.
- Place apples in the lined slow cooker; drizzle with lemon juice.
- Mix granulated sugar, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmedg in a medium bowl. Sprinkle mixture over apples; stir gently to coat apples. Drizzle with butter. Place lid on slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 3 hours or high for 2 hours until apples are done.
- Carefully remove lid to allow steam to escape. Serve warm apple topping over ice cream. Top with crumbled cookies, if desired. Do not lift or transport liner with food inside. Cool slow cooker completely; remove liner and toss.