Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Is there anything easier than putting ingredients into the crock pot? Is there anything more satisfying than coming home after a long day and having dinner waiting on you? This is one of those recipes that is comforting, especially in the fall and winter. It can even be done in the oven baked at 350 for 2 hours or so. You will definitely want a good crusty bread to help sop up that delicious gravy this makes! Convenient, versatile, delicious, what more could you want? This simply cannot be messed up!
- 1 (3 lb) boneless beef chuck roast, cut into serving size pieces
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 (11 1/2 ounce) cans tomato juice
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- In a 5 qt slow cooker, combine all ingredients.
- Cover and cook on high for 1 hour and on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
What could be better than easy easy easy and delicious? This was excellent. I did add a little salt, but other than that, followed your recipe. Family raved. And the best part is I made double so I could freeze some for another meal!
Another great crockpot meal. The recipe was reduced by half and cooked as directed. The only change was to add in a couple of celery ribs. Leftovers will be made into beef stew.