Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 hrs
From the book, Church Suppers.
- 1 (3 -4 lb) boneless chuck roast, trimmed
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- Place roast in a 6 quart crock pot.
- In a bowl, combine the tomato sauce and the remaining ingredients.
- Pour the mixture over the roast.
- Cook on high for 5-6 hours or on low for 10-12 hours until the roast is tender.
- Skim the fat and discard from the sauce.
- Serve the roast with gravy.
This was pretty good but not great. I probably won't use this again for my pot roast. It tasted more like it should be shredded and served on buns , not like a good brown gravy pot roast with potatoes that I am used to.I don't think I cared for tomato sauce and cider vinegar in it-made it too much like a barbecued beef taste.
Simple for a weeknight dinner. Everyone liked it! Thanks for the recipe!
My roast was so tender and flavorful. I was tempted to add sugar (I usually do when tomato sauces are involved), but I didn't and was completely happy with the results. I sliced this, but I think this could easily be shredded and served on buns....Mmmmm! So much flavor and soooo easy, I'll have to make this again. Thanx!