Recipe by hungrykitten
From milwaukeemoms.com. I haven't tried this yet but it sounds wonderfully yummy!
Top Review by Adam Z.
I made this because I live in an Asian country and all I have is a small oven. I thought it would be cool to experiment with since some of my friends don't have ovens. I might have been off with a few ingredients. It turned out to be pretty good. What I would suggest is the following. 1. Use only half the batch at a time. Make the dough as directed but only use half in the crock pot, if not just a third, putting the rest in the fridge for a later date, or just for eating. 2. Do it for 5 hours, letting it rest on either low or no heat for another hour or so. 3. If you can, use a glove and make the sides thicker and the inside thinner, making a bowl type thing. I did this recipe, minus the vanilla, according to the directions given, and it turned out pretty darn good. I think the main problem is that people use this recipe with different crock pots. You will need to experiment with it to find the right time and amount to fit your crock pot.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease slow cooker. Cut a piece of wax paper to fit the bottom; grease the paper.
- In a bowl, beat butter, eggs, sugars and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt.
- Stir dry ingredients into butter mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts until well blended.
- Spoon dough evenly into slow cooker and smooth the top. Cover and cook on low about 4 hours, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Set lid slightly ajar for the last 30 minutes.
- Turn off heat and remove insert from slow cooker. Let cool 30 minutes, then invert on wire rack. Cut in half, then cut each piece into slices. Serve with vanilla ice cream.