Prep 25 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Just the right amount for 2
Make and share this Slow Cooker Chili for 2 recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 16 ounces kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- In a small skillet, cook the beef, onion, green pepper, celery and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender.
- Drain off any juices.
- Transfer to a 1 1/2 quart slow cooker.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
This was very good and just right for the two of us. I saved all your crockette recipes. Now I don't have so much food buried in the "freezer graveyard". All your recipes are great.
I made this recipe on 11/7/10 for the Crockpot/Rice Cooker Event in KK's forum.Due to the personal tastes of my SO and myself a few changes were made, they are as follows.Since we like a " meatier " chili a full pound of ground beef was used. While it was browning,I added the onion,some freeze -dried red/green pepper flakes. Garlic powder with some celery powder were also added while the beef was browning.After mixing everything in the crockpot, it was tasted to see, if any additional seasoning were needed. I felt it was missing something, so I added a bit of Chili Seasoning Mix. My SO thought it was just fine, but to me something was still missing. Thanks for taking the time to post this recipe and, " Keep Smiling :) "