Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is a very easy, delicious Chili that uses lots of canned beans and a Crock Pot. Great over steamed brown rice. You can add mushrooms, zucchini, spinach…..I use a 4 ounce can of chopped green chiles instead of the bell pepper, personal choice.
- 19 ounces black bean soup, I use Progresso
- 15 ounces red kidney beans, drained and rinsed, I use Pinto Beans
- 15 ounces garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 16 ounces vegetarian baked beans
- 14 1⁄2 ounces diced tomatoes, I use Fire Roasted Hunts
- 15 ounces whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano, I don't use due to a severe allergy
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- Combine, black bean soup, kidney beans, garbanzos, baked beans, tomatoes, corn, onion, bell pepper and celery.
- Season with garlic, chili powder, parsley, oregano, and basil.
- Cook on high for at least 2 hours.
- I cook it on Low for about 6 hours.