Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Marcy Blum who showed up on the "nateshow"
Make and share this Slow Cooker Chili recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (19 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (19 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (16 ounce) can vegetarian baked beans
- 1 (30 ounce) canchopped tomatoes and liquid
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato puree
- 1 cup beer
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 large carrots, diced
- 1 (8 ounce) canchopped jalapeno peppers
- 1 large red pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 large green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 8 leaves fresh basil, julienned
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- In a slow cooker, start by adding all chopped vegetables, then spices and stirring together, add remaining ingredients and cook for two hours or more on high.
- Toppings on side:.
- Shredded Monterey Jack or Sharp Cheddar Cheese.
- Chopped scallions-green tops and white.
- Corn tortilla chips.
- Sour cream or yogurt.
- Chopped avocados.