Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
- 2 lbs ground round
- 2 (16 ounce) cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- cayenne pepper (I use 1/4 t.)
- shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook ground beef in a skillet until browned; drain off fat.
- Pour into a slow cooker.
- Add the next 9 ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Ladle chili into individual serving bowls; Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
A good basic chili recipe! I don't think you'd win any awards with it, but I had all the ingredients already and it turned out great. After mixing everything, I was a little worried about not having enough water (and it was the first time I was using my crock pot...) so I did add about 1/4 cup water - was not needed! Wish I hadn't. Will make again as-is.
The family enjoyed this chili with cheese and cornbread muffins. I will make this again because it was easy; substituted a can of chili beans for 1 lb of hamburger. Thank you!
This was delicious! I was concerned with the thickness because I didn't want a soupy chili, but using 1 can diced, and a small can of tomato sauce gave the perfect amount of liquid. Instead of kidney beans I used 1 can of black beans and 1 can of white beans just because I like them. I also added a small can of diced green chiles and a can of mexi-corn. The seasoning was perfect as well! This will be my go-to chili recipe now!