Recipe by wwltmom
Family favorite recipe. Makes enough for two meals. I usually freeze half for chili dogs or frito pie the following week.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes, undrained
- 10 3⁄4 ounces Rotel Tomatoes, undrained
- 2 (16 ounce) cans chili beans, in sauce undrained
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In 12 inch skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown; drain.
- In 6 quart slow cooker, sprayed with cooking spray, mix beef, onion and remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on Low heat setting 6 to 8 hours.