Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Adapted from Quick Fix Meals with Robin Miller on the Food Network
- 2 cups onions, sliced
- 2 granny smith apples, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 2 lbs chicken pieces, with bone
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons rosemary, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup cream of celery soup
- 2 cups cooked rice
- Place onions and apples in bottom of slow cooker. Add chicken pieces on top and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with rosemary.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together chicken broth and soup. Pour mixture over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours on on high for 3-4 hours.
- Serve over rice.