Recipe by Adrienne in Reisterstown
I'm menopausal. Beware. Danger Will Robinson, Danger Will Robinson...mood swing in 30 seconds....just trust me. It's a good recipe!
Top Review by mummamills
I made this ABSOLUTELY as written, using 2lb drumsticks. It is true comfort food, and though suprisingly sweet, we enjoyed it. I ended up with about 2 cups of stock in the pot, which is fine, I will make soup with it, but I would suggest using the low setting, that way the apples wont overcook, and shed their juice, which is what I think happened!
- 2 cups sliced onions
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 2 lbs cut up chicken pieces (with bone, and with or without skin)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup cream of celery soup
- 2 cups cooked rice (white or brown)
Directions See How It's Made
- Arrange onion and apple slices in bottom of slow cooker. Place chicken pieces on top and season all over with salt and black pepper. Sprinkle rosemary over chicken.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together chicken stock and soup. Pour mixture over chicken.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.
- Serve chicken, sauce, apples, and onions over rice.