1/1 Photo of Slow Cooker Chicken With Olives
6 hrs 20 mins
This recipe has a bit of Spanish influence, but easy to make and great to eat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and cut in half
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup pimento stuffed olive
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 chicken legs with thigh, skin and fat removed (about 3 lb.)
- 1Combine all ingredients except chicken in a 4-1/2 quart crock pot. Mix well.
- 2Add chicken, stir until well mixed.
- 3Cover and cook on HIGH heat setting for 5 hours or LOW heat setting for 8 hours or until chicken is cooked through and tender and potatoes can be easily pierced.
- 4Discard bay leaf.
- 5Remove excess fat on the chicken before adding to the post.
- 6I made 1/2 the recipe with success.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow Cooker Chicken With Olives
Serving Size: 1 (494 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 505.1
- Calories from Fat 193
- Total Fat 21.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 138.6 mg
- Sodium 797.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 36.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pimento stuffed olives