Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Boneless, skinless chicken are marinated and then cooked slowly in the marinate flavored with cumin and cinnamon. Tender dates and apricots give the sauce a slightly sweet flavor. I served this with brown rice.
- Mix garlic, orange juice, cumin, cinnamon and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a small bowl. Pour mixture in a ziplock bag.
- Add chicken and shake to coat and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Heat remaining oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Saute onion until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Remove onion and set aside and add contents of ziplock bag to skillet and saute just until brown on both sides, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer chicken along with onions to crock pot.
- Add broth, apricots and dates to crock pot and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours.