7 hrs 30 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Crazycook in PA's Note:
Boneless, skinless chicken are marinated and then cooked slowly in the marinate flavored with cumin and cinnamon. Tender dates and apricots give the sauce a slightly sweet flavor. I served this with brown rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix garlic, orange juice, cumin, cinnamon and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a small bowl. Pour mixture in a ziplock bag.
- 2Add chicken and shake to coat and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 3Heat remaining oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- 4Saute onion until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- 5Remove onion and set aside and add contents of ziplock bag to skillet and saute just until brown on both sides, about 5 minutes.
- 6Transfer chicken along with onions to crock pot.
- 7Add broth, apricots and dates to crock pot and stir to combine.
- 8Cover and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow Cooker Chicken With Apricots and Dates
Serving Size: 1 (263 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 354.7
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 224.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 25.8 g
- Protein 29.8 g