Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is comfort food...and easy too.
- 4 -6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1 apple, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (6 ounce) box Stove Top stuffing mix
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- Place chicken in slow cooker.
- Melt the butter and saute the onion, celery and apple till softened.
- Add the pecans, water, applesauce, soup and stuffing mix; stir.
- Spoon over the chicken and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
I found this to be fantastic. The stuffing tasted homemade. The only thing I did differently is I used cornbread stuffing. I will be sharing this recipe with my other family who enjoy crock pot cooking. Thank you Marich.
I followed the directions, only changing out the pecans for walnuts (what I had on hand). The stuffing was too wet and the chicken turned out a little dry. I would probably recommend cooking it closer to 6 hours and maybe removing the lid so the liquid could evaporate off a little before serving. Maybe it would help.
Yummy! I pre-cooked the chicken, and left out the pecans, but followed everything else. I will be making this again!