Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is my comfort food. If you enjoy chicken tacos with your soup. Boil 2lbs of boneless chicken tenders shred and place in small sauce pan. Add 1/4 cup of soup broth and heat on medium heat until mixed together.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 (8 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 (10 ounce) cans Rotel Tomatoes (I like cilanto & Lime)
- 3 brown potatoes (peeled)
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) bag frozen corn
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 celery ribs
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 (1 1/2 ounce) packets taco seasoning
- 4 cups tortilla chips
- 2 cups of shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro
- 1 large avocado, diced
- In a small pan sautee onions and garlic until tender. Pour content of pan oil and all into the slow cooker.
- In the slow cooker add chicken broth, corn, potatos, tomatos, celery & taco seasoning. Cook on low for 6 hours.
- With about an hour left on the slow cooker boil chicken until cooked through (about 15 minutes). Shred boiled chicken and add to the slow cooker. Continue cooking soup for another hour.
- Garnish soup with cheese, avacado, clianto and crushed tortilla chips.
I decided to make this a vegetarian soup, so I left out the chicken. My husband said this is one of the best soups I have made. I chose not to use the garnishes. Thanks for the recipe.