- 4 chicken breast halves
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup salsa (mild, medium or hot, whichever you prefer)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin (or more if you like)
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese, cubed
- sour cream
- tortilla chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook, debone and shred chicken.
- Add minced garlic to butter in slow cooker. Saute.
- Combine all ingredients except cheese, sour cream and chips.
- Cover. Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Divide cubed cheese among 6 individual bowls.
- Ladle soup over cheese.
- Sprinkle with chips.
- Top each bowl with a dollop of sour cream.