Love the ease of my slow cooker! Also from low carb slow cooker book by Broihier and Mayone.
Make and share this Slow Cooker Chicken, Tomato and White Bean Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 lbs cooked chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces (about 4 cups)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- Place vegetables, garlic, salt and pepper in crock pot. Top with the chicken pieces, butter, broth and bouillon. DO NOT STIR.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 1/2 hours. Stir in drained tomatoes and beans; continue to cook 1/2 hour more.
- Before serving, stir in parsley and Tabasco sauce.