Recipe by Jyga
Love the ease of my slow cooker! Also from low carb slow cooker book by Broihier and Mayone.
Top Review by mjensen1
When I look for slow cooker recipes, I do not like to do anything that requires something to be already cooked (like the chicken and canned beans in this soup recipe.) So I used two large, frozen chicken breasts and a couple handfuls of dried white beans (not pre-soaked, pre-cooked) and cooked it on high turning it to low for the last couple of hours) and it turned out great. I like to use dried beans instead of canned because they are so much cheaper. The only change I make when using dried beans is to use a little more liquid than the recipe calls for. Hope that helps others make this fantastic recipe even a little easier!
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 lbs cooked chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces (about 4 cups)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Place vegetables, garlic, salt and pepper in crock pot. Top with the chicken pieces, butter, broth and bouillon. DO NOT STIR.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 1/2 hours. Stir in drained tomatoes and beans; continue to cook 1/2 hour more.
- Before serving, stir in parsley and Tabasco sauce.