Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
A slow-cooker light version of everyone's favorite Indian dish. Chicken thighs will withstand the slow cooker better than breasts. This recipe doubles and freezes easily. From Weight Watchers; points values can be found on their site. http://bit.ly/106dA1U
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic, 4-6 cloves
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons garam masala
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 8 pieces)
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 cup low fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Combine all ingredients, except yogurt and cilantro, in slow cooker. Cook on high for 3 to 4 hours or low for 6 to 8 hours. Stir in yogurt and cilantro.
- Yields about 1 cup chicken with sauce per serving.
This is a nice easy recipe with good flavoring. I too doubled up on the spices as it definitely neede a little more kick for me but overall easy, healthy, and good.
This recipe was delicious. Don't let the WW name fool you because it is full of flavor. I personally upped the spices because I am used to restaurant style Indian food.Serve it with some white rice or pita bread and you'll love it.