Recipe by Pixie's Kitchen
Crock Pot Recipe from Good Housekeeping Sept. of 2007
Top Review by katie in the UP
I prepared this recipe for the Great Tangine Treasure Hunt hosted in the N.A.M.E. Forum this month. DH and I both enjoyed it tremendously. The flavors were outstanding. Instead of fresh tomatoes I used a can of diced. I doubled the 'spices' and added some cayenne to it...then sprinkled it on the veggies as well as the chicken!! Perfect Sunday feast! Thank you for posting.
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and cut into 2 inch chunks
- 2 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 15 ounces garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 2 teaspoons coriander
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 lbs bone in skinless chicken thighs
- 10 ounces couscous
- 1⁄2 cup pitted green olives
Directions See How It's Made
- In slow cooker combine squash, tomatoes, onion, garlic, beans, broth, and raisins. In cup, combine coriander, cumin, cinnamon, salt, pepper. Rub spice mixture all over chicken thighs and place chicken on top of vegetables. Cover slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- About 10 minutes before serving, prepare couscous as directed on package.
- To serve fluff couscous with fork. Stir olives into chicken mixture. Serve chicken mixture over couscous.