Recipe by DuChick
Easy, filling, low fat and low calorie! What more could you ask of a recipe? Adjust the spice factor according to your family's likes by omitting the chiles (in tomato mixture) or adding some chopped jalapenos.
Top Review by stephstew
This was extremely tasty and simple! I used 1 can of Ro-Tel and 1 can of fire-roasted diced tomatoes as well as a can of pintos instead of kidney beans because that is what was in the pantry. The flavor of this stew was AMAZING! Especially considering, you throw it in, shred the chicken and voila! I am DEFINITELY making this again with no changes :)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 (16 ounce) can corn (drained)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cansdiced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 1 -2 boneless skinless chicken breast
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix everything together in a slow cooker except chicken.
- Lay chicken on top and cover.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- 30 minutes before serving, remove chicken and shred.
- Return chicken to slow cooker and stir together.
- Top with cheese, sour cream, or tortilla chips, if desired.