Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Easy, filling, low fat and low calorie! What more could you ask of a recipe? Adjust the spice factor according to your family's likes by omitting the chiles (in tomato mixture) or adding some chopped jalapenos.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 (16 ounce) can corn (drained)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cansdiced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 1 -2 boneless skinless chicken breast
- Mix everything together in a slow cooker except chicken.
- Lay chicken on top and cover.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- 30 minutes before serving, remove chicken and shred.
- Return chicken to slow cooker and stir together.
- Top with cheese, sour cream, or tortilla chips, if desired.
This was extremely tasty and simple! I used 1 can of Ro-Tel and 1 can of fire-roasted diced tomatoes as well as a can of pintos instead of kidney beans because that is what was in the pantry. The flavor of this stew was AMAZING! Especially considering, you throw it in, shred the chicken and voila! I am DEFINITELY making this again with no changes :)
Easy and yummy! I left out the onion because I made it before I went to work early in the morning. I used hot Rotel tomatoes because we like it hot. Next time, I will chop some green pepper and onion the night before to throw in. Thanks for a super easy and tasty recipe!
This was absolutely delicious. I added a can of tomato paste by mistake. I like a thicker stew, so the addition was perfect. I ate it served over brown rice topped with a little cheese and sour cream. Yummy!!