Easy, filling, low fat and low calorie! What more could you ask of a recipe? Adjust the spice factor according to your family's likes by omitting the chiles (in tomato mixture) or adding some chopped jalapenos.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 (16 ounce) can corn (drained)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cansdiced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 1 -2 boneless skinless chicken breast
- Mix everything together in a slow cooker except chicken.
- Lay chicken on top and cover.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- 30 minutes before serving, remove chicken and shred.
- Return chicken to slow cooker and stir together.
- Top with cheese, sour cream, or tortilla chips, if desired.