Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 hrs
I got this recipe from another website a couple of years ago it is one of my families favorite soups and it is so easy.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 453.59 g can chili beans
- 425.24 g canned black beans
- 425.24 g can corn, drained
- 226.79 g can tomato sauce
- 340.19 g bottle beer
- 2 (566.99 g) can diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
- 35.43 g taco seasoning
- 3 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts
- shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- cruched tortilla chips (optional)
- Place the onion. beans corn, tomato sauce,beer and diced tomatoes in a slow cooker. Add taco seasoning and stir to blend. Lay chicken breast on top of the mixture pressing down slightly until just covereed by the other ingredients. Set slow cooker for low heat cover and cook for 5 hours.
- remove chicken breast and allow to cool long enough to be handled. Stir in shredded chicken back into soup and continue cooking for 2 hours. Serve topped with shredded cheese a dollop of sour cream and crushed tortilla chips, if desired.
Fabulous recipe! I made a few changes for our family; omitted the beans and subbed chicken broth for the beer. I also used mexicorn for extra flavor. Came out really yummy and was even better topped with cheese, sour cream, and fresh avocado slices! My two year old gobbled it up! Thanks for sharing.
I've made this at least a dozen times. I love the simplicity of the ingredients but the complexity of flavor! Definitely a family favorite and a great soup to impress company! I've done it with beer and also substituting the beer with chicken broth... while my personal preference is with beer, it tastes amazing both ways. Try adding clove of minced garlic and some fresh chopped cilantro. YUM!