Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
An oval slow cooker works best for these. If you have a round cooker, you may only be able to fit 4 peppers. Divide extra filling among the peppers, mound slightly.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups herb stuffing mix (such as Stove Top)
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1 cup plum tomato, diced (cored and seeded)
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 5 green bell peppers (tops removed and reserved, cored) or 5 red bell peppers (tops removed and reserved, cored)
- Combine butter and 3/4 cup water in medium-size microwavable bowl.
- Microwave for 1 minute; add stuffing mix and cover bowl, venting one side; microwave an additional 1 1/2 minutes and stir with fork.
- In large bowl, combine celery, tomatoes and ground chicken; stir until blended.
- Add stuffing and salt; stir to combine.
- Divide stuffing evenly among peppers; replace pepper tops, fit into slow cooker and add 1 cup hot water.
- Cover and slow cook for 6 hours on low; remove with tongs and serve.
This was good and easy to make. I used chicken flavored stove top and regular butter. We enjoyed this "different" stuffed pepper but it seemed like it was missing something.