Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
This can be used on the Core plan or Flex plan of Weight Watchers. If you are following the core plan, count points for the whole wheat noodles, and the reduced fat cream of chicken soup. My crockpot is very hot, so please watch the time on this one.
- 12 ounces whole wheat noodles
- 1 lb skinless chicken breast
- 1 (2/3 ounce) package dried Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can reduced-fat cream of chicken soup
- 4 ounces fat free sour cream
- 2 (8 ounce) packages mushrooms
- Put chicken, soup, dressing mix in slow cooker.
- Cook on low 5-6 hours or until meat is soft.
- Prepare noodles.
- While noodles are boiling, stir sour cream into chicken.
- Stir in mushrooms.
- Drain noodles.
- Mix noodles gently in with chicken mixture.
I used only 1/2 pkg of Italian dressing mix, 8 oz of FF sour cream and only 8 oz of mushrooms. Everyone loved it! It was delicious!
I have to admit that I did change this recipe a bit, but I was satisfied with the general results and the family enjoyed it. I use wine in many of my entree recipes, so I added about 1/3 cup of a white wine at the beginning. I didn't have the dressing mix, so I used Mrs. Dash, garlic powder, celery salt and black pepper for seasoning. I also added onion and sauteed it together with the mushrooms before adding to the soup mixture. I served the stroganoff over brown rice.I'm always looking for slow-cooker recipes, and this one is tasty.