Recipe by Faux Domesticity
This is so delicious! You may want to thicken up the sauce with cornstarch after it's done, but we just like to soak it all up with rice. Mmmm! This comes from The Busy Mom's Slow cooker Cookbook.
Top Review by Ronamay
This was easy and good. I did change it a little just because I used what I had on hand. In place of the tomato juice I used Spicy Bloody Mary Mix. Since the mix already had sugar and worchestershire, I cut back on the brown sugar, not sure how much, but I will probably only use 1/3 cup to start and then taste. I only used the 1/4 cup of Soy. I will add some pepper flakes for a little heat next time too. I cooked it for 6 hours on low and the chicken turned out nice and tender. I did not thicken the sauce.I made rice cooked in chicken stock, served the rice with chicken on top and sauce poured over all. I served it with acorn squash seasoned with just butter, S&P. I don't know that the sesame seeds (I toasted) did much for the dish. If you don't have them I wouldn't worry about it. Or just sprinkle them over the individual servings.
- 3⁄4 cup tomato juice
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup nonfat chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray the inside of the slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine tomato juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, chicken broth, minced garlic and sesame seeds in a bowl and mix well.
- Dip chicken breasts in the sauce to coat and place in the slow cooker. Pour remaining sauce on top.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.